Events and Activities
To participate in any event: RSVP using the online form for THAT event. A signup list will appear with the event as your confirmation (there may be a delay before the update is seen on the website). Your LAST form submitted will VOID any previous form submissions (it becomes your only/final RSVP).
Click on the event in list below to see its details, which includes its RSVP link and sign-up list.
- Information - overview of our year-long types of activities
- Sept 18 (Thurs) - Sailing on Lake Tahoe
- Sept 29 (Mon) - Golf Tournament at Tahoe Donner
Information about our types of activities
Below are general descriptions of our various events held throughout the year - as you mouse over the title, the description will appear. EACH event has its own sign-up sheet; we make no assumptions that you will attend multiple/related events on a given day if you ONLY RSVP for one event.
We offer potlucks and catered dinners throughout the year. The venue may limit attendance, so the club may close sign ups before the cut-off date.
We plan 2 dinners per year: one is our Holiday Party (Dec) and the other is our Awards Dinner (Mar). Dinners are catered events at "The Lodge". You pre-pay for your dinner selection via snail mail and there will be a list of attendees on-line. However, any changes to your RSVP must be made over the phone (contact name will be given).
A potluck is where the club requests attendees to bring a dish to share. For a potluck, we provide an RSVP form and the sign-up list. You may modify/cancel your RSVP by resubmitting a revised form - this new submission will replace any prior ones!
Throughout the ski season we host ski days at nearby ski areas midweek. We negotiate lift ticket prices for the club on those days and possibly a bus (between Northwoods parking lot and the ski area). Payment for lift tickets are due that morning, either at the bus or meeting place of the ski area. We rely upon the signup sheets to determine the number of tickets, bus capacity, and overall number of skiers. We also need phone information as a means to contact the skier in case of any changes (cancelled bus and/or ski day).
We arrange for pre-season conditioning exercise classes at Trout Creek for our members. There is a fee for attendance if you do not have a Trout Creek fitness pass.
We provide several ski clinics each at Tahoe Donner Ski Hill. In January we hold a three-day clinic in the morning at various skill levels. In February and March we offer a clinic or race choice for the morning. Such clinics are provided free to club members (there is a fee for guests), apart from the lift ticket. In combination with the Ski Hill we may offer a race clinic, for a fee, the day before the race.
Each year we offer a golf tournament and the club provides an appetizer event afterwards for all members in the Grotto. You separately sign up for the tournament and appetizer (you can attend either or both). The club provides the appetizers and beverages may be purchased at the bar.
Each year we hold a tennis round-robin with a potluck dinner to follow at the TD Tennis Center. You separately sign up for the tennis and potluck (you can attend either or both, but different volunteers check for numbers from the specific list they oversee).
We typically arrange for 3 kayak trips in the summer at Donner Lake and Lake Tahoe. Our shortest trip is on Donner Lake and we socialize after with a Breakfast burrito. The sign-up sheets specify rental vs own kayaks and, based on that information, we work with a nearby vendor to set aside kayaks for our needs. The Lake Tahoe outings are generally longer where you'll want to bring plenty of water and food since we may not end until noon.
In the fall we may offer a tour of Thunderbird Lodge. Payment will be made at the venue and we recommend carpooling from Northwoods since parking is at a premium. Signing up via the online form is a must since the number of attendees is limited.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
4:30pm at Tahoe City Marina, 700 N. Lake Blvd
Please join us for a wonderful sunset sail on Lake Tahoe. Do not delay… SPACE IS LIMITED!!! ALL guests MUST arrive by 4:30pm; we sail from 5-7pm on the lake.
- COST: $60/person and includes beer, wine, sodas and some appetizers.
- BRING: hat, sunscreen, soft soled shoes an da jacket for cooler weather.
- DINNER: AFTER sailing dinner option at Jake's on the Lake
To save your spot you must pre-pay directly with the sailing cruise line HERE. Click on buy tickets online, choose sunset cruise on Lake Tahoe and follow prompts to choose number of tickets.
RSVP to our signup sheet to let us know that you have registered at the Tahoe Sails website
If you have any questions, contact Michael Eyton-Lloyd.
Golf Tourney at Tahoe Donner (RSVP)
Monday, Sept 29, 2014
12:00 pm Shotgun at TD Golf Course (11:30 to check-in)
Please join us for our final golf outing for the summer. This is a fun low-key event. Come and enjoy this year's wonderful TD course conditions. Details follow:
- Please check-in at the Pro Shop before 11:30 on September 29 and pay your greens fees/pass plus pay your tournament entry fee ($10)
- Shotgun start at 12:00pm
- Teams will be evened out, so couples/guests may be split up
- When you sign up please tell us your course handicap or average score
- $10 per person entry fee for the tournament includes 1 mulligan/person (pay entry fee in Pro Shop on Monday when you check in)
- The game is a Scramble. Only 1 score reported for each team. For a Scramble, all players tee off, the team then chooses the ball they want to use and all 4 players hit a shot from that point (within one club length, no closer to hole, except when on green), they then select the best 2nd shot, and all 4 play their third shot from there. Play continues until ball is holed out. Each team must use at least 2 tee shots from each of its players
- Tees will be set according to your handicap index
All par 3s will award Closest to the Pin. Top 3 teams will receive awards. Appetizers in the Grotto after golf and when winners will be announced.
To cancel after 5pm, Sep 22, or if you have any questions, contact Dave Parsons.